It’s important to understand how to create a company page on LinkedIn thoroughly. It is because the job seekers will learn about your business, products, service, and the job opportunities through the said page.
Learning how to create a company page on LinkedIn is essential for company owners or job recruiters. Company pages on LinkedIn can help you boost your brand awareness, as well as promoting your products. There are few easy steps to follow to create a company page on LinkedIn which will be explained below.
Complete Steps on How to Create a Company Page on LinkedIn
By not creating and learning how to create a company page on LinkedIn, you may potentially limit your business opportunity. The users of the site can learn about your brand, business information, or job opportunities through your LinkedIn page.
Here is how you can create a company page on LinkedIn.
- Connect to the internet. Many people have been wondering how to create a company page on LinkedIn mobile, but currently it can only be done via desktop.
- Open your LinkedIn homepage after you have logged in. Choose Work icon menu on the top right corner.
- Just click on the menu Create Company Page option.
- To create a company page on LinkedIn, you need to select your type of company and business from four options available. The options include Small business (which is for company with less than 200 employees), Medium to Large business (which is for company with more than 200 employees), Showcase page, or Institution of Education (for example: college, university, or school.)
- Provides your information by typing in your Page identity, Company and Profile details.
- Confirm the information by checking in the verification box. It’s also used to prove that you have the right to create the page for the company or institution.
- Finally, click on the Create page menu.
Additional Tips on How to Create a Company Page on LinkedIn
The steps on how to create a company page on LinkedIn are pretty short and easy to follow. However, there are few important things to note when you are about to create a company page on LinkedIn.
- After the company page is created, the Page Information can be added and edited. Click the pencil icon on the right side of your company page banner.
- If you create a company page on LinkedIn for institution or school, add the Alumni tool b contacting the admin.
- You may want to learn how to create a company page on LinkedIn without personal profile, but in fact, when you create one, it will not be linked to your personal profile.
- Every fields that end in asterisk sign (*) is required to fill in.
- The public URLs you will receive for your company page is structured with linkedin.com/company/(name-of-your-company)
- The URLs that is given to you must be
- Unique, in a way that it cannot be used for another company’s page
- It has to have minimum one numeral character
- Contain lower case alphabet and only one consecutive hyphen. It is also possible to use Chinese, Japanese, or Korean character.
- It’s possible to add more admin to the page. On the Admin tool dropdown, select Page Admins, add the administrator and click Save.
- Do not forget to regularly post update of your business after you create a company page on LinkedIn. The updated post can contain text, image, video, document, hashtag. You are even able to tag people on the post.
Well done, you have completed all the steps required on how to create a company page on LinkedIn. Your business will get various advantages and benefits in terms of awareness. It also helps that the company page on LinkedIn looks professional, provides opportunity for users to discover more of your business, and contributes to your employees’ connectedness.