Knowing how to delete account in LinkedIn properly ensures that your deletion process is completed. You will learn how to delete here.
Knowing how to delete account in LinkedIn is important for those who want to bid goodbye to this platform. It is a great platform for professionals, but certain individuals just do not find the charm in the website and its functionalities. Steps for conducting this action will be discussed in following part.
Ways to Delete Your LinkedIn Account
To some people, broadcasting themselves on social media like LinkedIn will have positive impact on their career. However, some others think otherwise and decide to close in the LinkedIn accounts.
You are able to delete account in LinkedIn using several devices. Detailed explanation and steps will be discussed in the following part.
1. Setting and Privacy on Desktop
The easiest device to do this task is definitely at desktop computer. You must be logged into your account in order before doing this.
- Once you have signed into your account, click a main menu named “Me” on the top side.
- There will be several dropdowns, click on “Settings & Privacy”.
- Go to account tab and head to a section for managing account.
- Tap on “Change” which is located near an option to close or remove your LinkedIn account.
- Choose reason for the action.
- Tap “Next”.
- Fill in registered password then finalize the closing procedure.
2. Android Device
You can also do it through your Android device. The first thing to do is making sure that you are logged into your account. Let’s take a look at these steps.
- Click on picture in your profile.
- Select “Settings” at the right upside.
- Go to the tab called Account.
- Select the option to delete account in LinkedIn.
- Choose your reason for removing your account.
- Click “Next”
- Fill in your password.
- Complete the deletion by tapping “Done”.
- Uninstall the LinkedIn program from your device completely.
3. iOS Device
You can also learn how to delete account in LinkedIn for iOS if you have the application installed in your device. Please make sure that the app is not dated and you are logged in. Here are the steps to do it.
- Go to your profile and click on the picture.
- Find setting icon at upper right corner.
- Head to a tab named Account.
- Choose to delete account in LinkedIn.
- Click “Continue” then enter the reason why you choose to remove your account.
- Click “Next”.
- Enter the password of your account.
- Complete the process by clicking “Done”.
- Remove the app from our device.
4. Phone Browser
You can also delete account in LinkedIn through browser in your mobile phone. The steps are not different than the two previous steps.
- Head to profile and click on your picture.
- Find setting at the upper right side.
- Go to account and choose delete account in LinkedIn by choosing to close it.
- Select continue.
- Choose why you are deleting your account.
- Select “Next”.
- Enter the registered password for your account.
- Click “Done”.
Once you have learned about how to delete account in LinkedIn, there are some things to be aware of. First, your account will still be visible through search engine result within the first few days after deletion for some reasons. You can also still revive your account if you want to have it back somehow, although the process is a little complicated.
Hopefully this article is helpful enough for you if you want to closing in your account due to some internal reasons. The steps are not complicated at all and can be done within minutes. Following steps on how to delete account in LinkedIn above ensures complete deletion.