Some people still do not know how to get LinkedIn URL despite using the platform for a while. Others do not even know that they can customize it.
Do you know how to get LinkedIn URL? If you do, then it is great. Some users (even those who have utilized this platform for a long time) do not know how to do this simple procedure. Luckily, this passage is designed to slightly improve your knowledge about this matter.
Getting User’s Profile Link on LinkedIn
URL will help other users to access certain web page or social media profile without having to browse first. You should get LinkedIn URL of your profile to accommodate your audience. The following steps will help you find LinkedIn URL of your own account through desktop computer.
- Log into your LinkedIn account.
- Head to the homepage and click on “Me” menu.
- Select option to view your profile.
- Head to a menu named “Edit public profile & URL” which is located at the right side of your profile page.
- There will be a section named “Edit URL”; you will find a link to your profile underneath it.
- Copy the link to get LinkedIn URL and utilize it to promote your LinkedIn profile.
If you prefer to do it through your smartphone, you can definitely do it through your phone browser. Here are the steps to get LinkedIn URL using smartphone. It will be slightly different because phone browser will carry the light version of this platform.
- Log into your LinkedIn account from the browser.
- In the navigation section, choose the icon for profile viewing.
- Scroll through the page until you reach a section named “Contact”.
- Below a written “LinkedIn”, you will be able to see your profile URL.
- To obtain the LinkedIn URL, you can copy the link and utilize it to promote your profile.
There are some things that you must be aware of even if you already know how to get LinkedIn URL of your own profile. The method will not work if your profile is not setup as public profile. It is because when the profile is privatized, you obscure it from other users therefore you will not find the link when you look for it in your profile. You should make your profile public if you want this method to work.
Customizing Your Profile URL on LinkedIn
It turns out that you can get LinkedIn URL customized. This definitely gives you more creative freedom to make your profile URL more memorable and recognizable by friends and colleagues.
These steps explain how to get LinkedIn URL customized through your desktop computer.
- Sign into your LinkedIn account.
- Go to the homepage and click on “Me” menu.
- Choose option to view your profile.
- Go to a menu named “Edit public profile & URL” which is placed at the right side of your profile page.
- You will find a section named “Edit URL”; choose icon for editing and replace the last part (after the second slash sign) with your preferred words.
- Save your change.
You can also get LinkedIn URL customized through mobile browser by following this method.
- Sign into your LinkedIn account.
- Head straight to your profile page.
- Click on your profile image and go to “Contact and Personal Info”.
- Click on the editing icon.
- Head to editing page for your contact info then click on “Profile URL”.
- You will be assigned to a page to setup public profile.
- Edit your last part of URL after the second slash (/) sign.
You should know that your profile URL only contains numbers and letters combination. You cannot add symbols and characters to it. This passage should really explain how you can tamper with your URL profile. Knowing how to get LinkedIn URL is really beneficial if you want to expand your network.