Every job seeker on LinkedIn should know how to upload resume to LinkedIn. You will be introduced to the steps in this passage.
As job seeker in the website, it is imperative for you to know how to upload resume to LinkedIn. Without resume your application will look bare. Potential employers will not be able to get information from your job application. This is why you do not get any callback from your dream companies.
What are the Steps to Upload Resume to Your LinkedIn?
There are several ways to upload resume to LinkedIn account for job seeking users to choose from. The methods encompass using several platforms. You must ensure that your resume fits perfectly, though.
Here are the standard requirements for resume upload to your LinkedIn account. Without meeting these requirements, your upload process will fail.
- Formats of file accepted are only MS Word and PDF. You should convert your resume to one of these formats beforehand.
- The file should not be larger than 5MB.
- The resume must be uploaded the first time you apply for a certain job post.
If you have ensured that your resume meets those requirements, you can finally upload resume to LinkedIn. You are able to select one of these methods to conduct the task.
1. Desktop Computer
Some people work with ease when using desktop computer. In order to do this, you must use recently updated browser on your computer and log into your account. Here are the steps to do this action.
- Look for a job that you want to apply on the search menu.
- Select on the title of a job that interests you.
- Choose a button named “Easy Apply” (this option might not be available if the company has its own application site).
- Fill in required information.
- Upload resume to LinkedIn under a section named “Resume”.
- Submit your application and wait for the good news.
2. Android Device
If you do not have desktop computer around, you can do this through your Android device. You must ensure that your LinkedIn app in the device is updated to the most recent version. How to upload resume to LinkedIn this way?
- Browse for a job that is related your expertise.
- Select on the most suitable job and scroll through the details.
- Click on “Easy Apply” (the option might not be available for company who has its own application system).
- Enter information required by the form.
- Select “Upload” underneath resume section to load resume to LinkedIn.
- Submit the application to proceed.
3. iOS Device
You can also upload resume to LinkedIn using your iOS device. In this system, usually new version of app will be updated automatically. So your only concern is making sure that your resume fulfills the requirements to be loaded into the app. Here are the steps to do it.
- Look for the job that suits your preference in the browsing feature.
- Tap on title of job that captures your interest.
- Click button called “Easy Apply” which might not be present if the company has its own web for application.
- Fill in all the requested fields.
- Upload resume to LinkedIn by tapping “Upload” button.
- Submit your job application.
If you want to save up resume in your account without having to upload one every single time you are applying for a job, you should learn about how to upload resume to LinkedIn to have default resume uploaded. It only requires you to go to application setting within the account. It is easier to be done in desktop computer.
You should realize the importance of uploading your job resume during job application. Employer wants to get to know its applicant and there is no easier way to present them with a well written resume. That is why knowledge on how to upload resume to LinkedIn becomes a basic knowledge.